Summer Reading Program 2015
For our family night this summer we decided on ninja night! It was SO FUN!
BOOKS TO SHARE
DRESS LIKE A NINJA!
- Headbands: Using scraps of superhero fabric I cut long strips to make headbands for the kids to wear.
- Sword: We cut pool noodles into thirds and taped black glitter duct tape on the bottom to make a handle. I also got string to tie around their waist to keep the sword in place.
- Ninja Name: I stumbled across ninja decoder name worksheets on the internet so I thought it would be fun for the group to decode their names! Below is the link to the worksheet I used.Source: Lemon Drops DIY
Once everyone was dressed the part, we were ready to learn ninja moves! We had a volunteer from the taekwondo studio come and show the kids a few skills. They loved it!
This craft is so cute and easy! I had volunteers paint the toilets paper rolls red and black. Then the kids used pipe cleaners and straws to make swords and a sharpie to create the faces.
- Balloon Punch: We hung balloons with Ninjago faces on them and had the kids punch their way through the maze! They had a blast doing this! Although by the end of the night a few balloons had been popped 🙂
- Ninja Wrap: Each family designated one “ninja” to be wrapped (using crepe paper). They had 3 minutes to cover as much of the ninja as they could leaving only the eyes!
- Ninja Star Toss: We made these origami ninja stars and set up 3 different buckets (easy, medium and hard) for the kids to toss them into.
I looked everywhere for a cool ninja themed snack and came across one birthday party that served candy sushi! I thought it was the cutest idea and the kids LOVED it. It’s very easy easy too 🙂
How To Video: Candy Sushi Instructions
Source: Seshalyn’s Party Ideas